Total Petrochemicals is one of the word’s leading producers of polypropylene and polyethylene.
Total Polypropylene is widely used to make food packaging (in the form of bags, trays, pots, bottles and closures). It is also used in fiber form to make woven cloth (sports garments) and non-wovens (hygiene products) as well as carpeting and artificial grass. In the auto industry it is the basic material for making fenders and dashboards.
Polypropylene is typically divided into three main groups. Each of these groups displays different outstanding property and therefore TOTAL Polypropylene Resins are used in many different applications:
- PP homopolymer has the highest stiffness
- PP copolymer has the highest impact resistance
- PP random copolymer has the highest transparency
Total Polypropylene offers:
- High stiffness = possible down gauging
- Heat resistance = allows filling at high temperature, microwave, sterilisation
- Chemical inertness = stress cracking resistance
- Steam barrier properties = food protection
- Nucleated or clarified grades = higher stiffness and transparency
- Outstanding impact / rigidity balance = possible substitution of more expensive polymers
- Easy to stretch = excellent for film and fibres applications
- Good hinge properties = allows advance part design and cost savings
- High gloss = superior appearance
Typical Total PP applications:
Food packaging, pails, crates and boxes, caps and closures, fibres and staple fibres , films, tubes and pipes, sheets and profiles, housewares and consumer goods
Total Polypropylene Resins portfolio offers many different grades with outstanding properties:
- Homopolymers with MFI from 1.8 to 60 g/10 min.
- Impact copolymers with MFI from 0.3 to 100 g/10 min.
- Random copolymers with MFI from 1,8 to 110 g/10 min.
- PP for melt blown with MFI 800 g/10 min.
- New generation of LUMICENE® metallocene random copolymers with excellent transparency, superior gloss, outstanding organoleptic properties and very high stiffness and impact resistance, even for high flow grades.
Loading, please wait