Celanese’s Thermx® PCT polyester is a high temperature polyester based on poly(cyclohexylene-dimethylene terephthalate) chemistry.
In addition to possessing the desirable chemical resistance, processability, and dimensional stability of engineering polyesters like PET and PBT, Thermx® PCT polyester’s added heat resistance makes it particularly well suited for demanding automotive and electrical/electronics applications.
Thermx® PCT offers:
Thermx® PCT polyester offers superior performance and value through its improved heat resistance, fast moulding cycles, and excellent processability.
Attributes and features include:
- High-temperature assembly: Withstands SMT reflow soldering
- Hydrolysis resistance: Performs well in USCAR Class 4 tests
- High-temperature service: Retains useful strength, toughness with age
- Dimensional stability: Negligible moisture effect
- Chemical resistance: auto fluids, circuit board cleaning agents and more
- Arc tracking resistance: A valuable asset for 42-volt auto electrical applications
- Excellent colourability
Typical Thermx® PCT applications:
A wide range of injection moulded components for electrical, electronics, automotive, appliance, and other industrial and consumer products. Typical parts include circuit board connectors, automotive connectors (headers), lamp sockets and relays.
Thermx® PCT portfolio:
All Thermx® grades are reinforced, semi-crystalline polymers.
Thermx® PCT comes in a wide range of grades, including glass and/or mineral-reinforced and flame-retardant (V-0 UL94B) resins. Typical filling percentages are 20%, 30% and 40% but other percentages are also available.
Loading, please wait